Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mosaic Reflection

Explain the meaning of your symbol, reflect on the process of making a mosaic, and imagine what it would have been like to create a large scale mosaic in a church over  1500 years ago.


For this mosaic project, I chose to make a six-pointed star. This symbol is both a more minor Christian symbol, and a major Jewish religious, and Israeli national symbol. 
The six-pointed star is the Creator's Star or Star of Creation. Its six points stand for the six days of creation, and are also represent the six attributes of God: power, wisdom, majesty, love, mercy and justice.
Once finishing the mosaic, I am somewhat proud to say, that it doesn't look bad. Essentially it could have been just much neater and more organized, in the sense that there were minor gaps and spaces in between some of the paper tiles, and that there were some tiles that were overlapping. All in all, I feel somewhat successful after turning it in.
Overall, sticking glue onto the paper, was not that hard, the hardest part for me was actually picking the colors. In the end, I decided to make the outline of the star in purple, and the inside of the star and the background surrounding it purple. After doing that, I decided i wanted the border to be more exciting and approachable, therefore I made a combination of green and orange.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment