Thursday, June 2, 2011

Choose one practice from the Buddhist Eightfold Path and describe how you could incorporate it in your life OR provide an example from your life of a


#6 RIGHT EFFORT:
Without putting effort into something, or anything really, nothing can be achieved. Right now I may be putting my minimum, or my maximum amount of effort. I tend to try and put my maximum efforts in school, basketball, and my social life. Not all at the same time of course, that's not putting the right amount of effort, but more effort than my body, and brain can manage. Whenever I want to improve my shot in basketball, or get a good grade in a Humanities project, I try hard. Sometimes it is hard putting your maximum efforts, but sometimes it is also necessary. After hearing the two powerpoint presentations from Ms. Moore about Hinduism and Buddhism, i was extremely motivated, and decided I will try to do my best, and give all my EFFORTS in humanities class, and all the other classes, trying to get a 6 or a 7 on my report card. As i do not have the reputation of the student with the best grades in the Middle School, I would like that to change by putting more efforts. If you do not put in all your efforts, you will feel disappointed usually, or you won't be proud of your own work. Therefore if you want to be proud of yourself and of your own work, you must put in all your efforts.










No comments:

Post a Comment